ICT60220 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
CRICOS Code: 107285D
ICT60220 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (107285D) qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills.
Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- advanced data management information: creating, designing and monitoring complex systems that store data, and optimising organisational knowledge management
- cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture, and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
- full stack web development: building advanced user interfaces, developing representational state transfer application program interfaces (REST APIs) and designing user experience solutions
- further programming: applying advanced ICT languages to maintain security and manage data
- IT strategy and organisational development: managing and communicating strategic ICT business solutions
- systems development and analysis: modelling and testing data objects, data processes and preferred ICT system solutions
- telecommunications network engineering: managing logistics, organisational specifications, regulations and legislative requirements across network projects.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification considerations
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
104 weeks (80 Weeks study + 24 weeks holidays). Students are required to attend a minimum 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
Various intake and start dates available. Contact us email@example.com or call 02 9633 2779 for more information
Training will be conducted face to face on a fulltime basis in a classroom, with simulated work environment.
Parramatta CBD: Suite 8, 8-10 Hunter Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
Sydney CBD: Suite 2, 161 New South Head Road, Edgecliff NSW 2027
Assessment methods may include: knowledge questions, projects, written reports, portfolio of work, assignment, case study, self-assessment, observation and role play.
All assessments are conducted in accordance with the principles of assessment (fairness, flexibility, validity and reliability) and rules of evidence (validity, sufficiency, authenticity and currency).
By the end of ICT60220 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (107285D) qualification students will be able to:
- Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
- Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- Manage business analysis performance
- Identify cyber security standards and laws and analyse an organisation’s operations and compliance to required laws and standards
Develop a plan to monitor and manage the IP network to optimise its performance and reliability.
There are no pre-requisites for ICT60220 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (107285D) qualification specified in the training package at the time of publication.
Apsley College has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country; or
- Successful completion of an English Placement Test
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
- All students must complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test prior to the commencement of the course.
All credit transfer applications must be supported by appropriate documentation. This may be in the form of a nationally recognised qualification certificate, transcript, and/or a statement of attainment, which corresponds with the same qualification code and name, unit code, and title as those included in the student application and date/duration of the course. For details, please refer to the credit transfer policy and procedure.
Units in ICT60220 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (107285D) qualification reflect the knowledge and skills of individuals with significant experience in:
- Data Analytics
- Data Scientist
- Business Development Manager
- ICT Infrastructure Solutions Manager
- Knowledge Manager
- Enterprise Systems Administrator
- ICT Administrator/ Coordinator
Above pathway information is in line with qualification description on National Training Register, it does not imply any job guarantee or job role at the end of the course. Apsley college does not claim any employment outcome or job guarantee associated with its courses as it will be misleading.
Students who complete ICT60220 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (107285D) course may wish to continue their education into higher education qualifications in information technology.
Note: Apsley college does not offer the qualifications listed above in possible study pathways.
ICT60220 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (107285D) Course Structure :
Core or Elective
Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
Manage team effectiveness
Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
Interact with clients on a business level
Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
Evaluate an organisation’s compliance with relevant cyber security standards and law
Perform cyber security risk assessments
Design and implement virtualised cyber security infrastructure for organisation
Evaluate networking regulations and legislation for the telecommunications industry
Plan and manage troubleshooting advanced integrated IP networks
Analyse cyber security insider risks and threats and devise recommendations
Manage ICT project planning
Manage network traffic
Produce ICT network architecture designs
Manage network security
An advanced diploma of information technology is a practical and hands-on credential that gives students the knowledge and abilities needed for a variety of information technology occupations. You will be able to pursue a number of technological endeavours by completing your Ict60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology. Particularly, companies and other industry experts will place a great value on the advanced diploma in information technology. A comprehensive range of in-demand skills, including programming, cyber security, cloud computing, and business analysis, are covered in the course. People will be able to perform intricate tasks in a specialised subject while operating autonomously, managing a team, or setting the strategic course of an organisation.